Monday 18 April 2016

Diary 101:Manja

I am really manja.

Nothing popped out on my mind to translate this familiar Malay word because rephrasing it ' spoiled' would be too harsh because we are independant but have too much affection.

Being the only child in the family,I am reaaaaaaly overly attached to my parents especially my mum.Both single,we sleep in the same bedroom,hang out literally all the time together and yep everything what mother daughters do.I am never shy of showing my affection towards her,like,hugging her while queueing up for a Sundae cone at McDonald's ,kissing her at the cheek out of the blue and hold hands with her along the walkway to the extend that I feel that it's boring to go out with my boyfriend(when I still had one) because I can't even touch his skin.Haraaaaam sisturz.Which also explains why I broke up and remain single.Which sounds weird.Which is not.

My dad still treats me like a baby.Sometimes it's annoying but while in the process of growing up,I tend to understand that I am his only princess and not denying the truth,the most precious gem that he has aside of his luxury cars that can cost my lifetime lunches.Ok on this part,I actually got angry at him as he bought them recklessly but when it comes to changing my deteorating phone that doesn't even have a front camera,he pulls his face.Yeah do that again,dad. *smashes car mirror* Do that again. *steering lock swinging from my hands* #bratproblems #notreally #iwontdothatimtooangelic #angelfromhell

That doesn't mean I am dependant.I wash my own clothes with the washing machine (who even uses handwash nowadays),iron them with the energy from my toned arms,brave enough to roam at a mall alone and sort what i want to buy,asking people if I don't know anything and....cook!Frozen foods....
It's still counted as a skill,ok.All you women with such soft hands can't even boil water.Hmph. *gets back to chopping the onion with the help of Mak Wan* The kitchen is really a WWE battle for me and mum,srsly.

My actual main point is,being manja is not a potrayal of being weak.Manja is a type of attitude where you are full of affection towards the people around you and likes the company or should I say,a little bit clingy but that doesn't mean that we can't do things on our own.All of us must have at least someone that we're attached to share everything in our life and in my case,two :))
Iron ladies won't achieve anything without backbones.A fact.

Standing up for all manja babies,we're princesses of our own. #spreadthemanjavibe

Xx,
M.


No comments: