Thursday 22 June 2017

Tepung Pelita

It all started with a phone call that made me felt miserable the whole day. I was devastated. I was demotivated. I felt the world was turning its back to me. I have never felt so alone in my life. I had nobody to run to. If I could, I would like to leave. I couldn't describe in detail on what had happened because I no longer want to remember one of my most horrible nightmares, but-

                           this is the part where i miss you the most.

i enjoy the comfort of freely talking to you about everything and anything without a hint of feeling insecure. well, yes, of course, sometimes i wonder if you do judge me somehow because we just met and i may expose too much of the darker side of mine that will only make me look like a bipolar crazy lady or something, but as long as you don't complain yet, i would like to seize the moment. 

you won't stop asking until i say why, and you will coax me until i feel better. you always give me wise unpopular opinions and advices. i knew that we promised ourselves that twelve days won't be long but at that moment, i felt very frail. how i wish that you're not here with me.

i kept that long face until dinnertime until suddenly, i saw a tepung pelita served beside my plate. my little CS bought them for the whole table. looking at it, i started to carve a crescent smile.

" I memang suka tepung pelita. wajib ada waktu iftar"

it may just be a coincidence, but i choose what i want to believe. and i believe that maybe, you will always find ways to cheer me up. that's your nature after all, spreading good vibes to the people around you.

i never ate a tepung pelita before, but that night, i savoured it until the last spoonful. and it was delicious :)

No comments: