Saturday 7 October 2017

My Love

my love,
is a tug of war.
he pulls me for a tango
on the crystallized dancefloor
and pushes me out of the balcony
when i thought he was leaning for
a kiss under the shimmering moonlight
-of course he held my arm from falling, it needs two to tango after all.
but he never managed to stop me from falling head over heels for him over and over again until when
i wore a parachute under my dress,
i still hope for him to save me.

my love,
is a messy kitchen,
an unarranged fridge,
untidy rack that even mice doesn't want to have a sleepover
i savour his words like a jar of Nutella spread on toast for a perfect breakfast
but his face was like a stale Caesar salad for lunch,
I sip the remaining juice with confusion as I accidentally choke
like how he choked on his roasted chicken when I question
him
does he cook out of love or out of pity?

my love,
is a never ending maze
his heart, the roads that i get lost into everytime for a visit.
how can i memorise the trails when there's a new flyover or long shortcuts that are newly built that makes the pathway blurrer?
as i knock the door after the thunder, shivering in pain
he would welcome me with the
warmth of his calming touch
and drown me in the flood again.

my love,
is nature.
he is a damaging hurricane that whips off my sanity
yet he is the brightest sunshine
that you can see from the beaming smile on my face.

my love,
is a man that i will remember his name,
that i will mesmerise his complexion
that i will hold his hand,
but his heart,
that i will never have.

No comments: