Thursday 10 August 2017

Near to 60

There is a problem with us.
There are too much repetition of ‘if’
in our sentences as we tap and type it
on our phone screens
we will only earn a high ‘C’ if
this is an English essay,
but the moments with you
surpassed A plus.
I’ll pass with flying colours.

I think you learned quite much from me.
I think I was the first one to break out
to you that you are a Scorpio
and how the word promposal
differs from the word proposal
even though it will bring the same meaning
if you say it with a ring


and the coincidences,
it has been five years since we crossed
paths from school to go back home
and we never had a clue
and it is amusing that all these similarities
brings me closer to you
and not to forget about football,
I know nothing about the field
but I am certain that you’re the mvp,
well, mine, at most,
because I hate sharing.

I am oblivious
I swing from bar to bar recklessly like a free birdI will be a bad driver.

so I am in awe on how you could be so meticulous
like memorising my sleeping patterns
that the cue that I used to say before I doze off
or
how you can be so thoughtful of taking pictures
of the sea as you brush the sand off your feet
because I said I loved how the light sky matches
the navy ocean
and used them as your weapon to apologise
when I’m angry-
wait, how can you even know that I’m angry?

I beg your pardon to not mention this  but
how can you be so patient with my antiques?
your morning wish will be the first thing that
I see without fall as I pull away the duvet
that has been warming me up from the
cold
and the ‘good night’s although after
not talking to each other for the whole day
and sometimes when I ask a lot of questions
or nag for you to take care of yourself
how can you still calmly laugh and say
‘I’ll be alright, don’t worry’ likea broken tape?

This is still so hard to brain but-
how can you tolerate me?
Sigh.

Your heart is still a Sudoku to me-
I cannot solve or read.
 but who cares anyway?
you are here with me
and that’s what matters most.

but you’re not.

Sigh,
I miss you terribly.





No comments: