Monday 12 March 2018

Him/You

my heart shattered as
he banged the door 
and swoop the car keys
into his pocket 
my back slouched 
into the leather couch
when he drifted 
and signaled towards
the opposite street
it was hanky panky-
parting me by 
parting ways
leaving me to
leave me hanging
my arms aren't Babylon
although they stretch far
enough to wrap around
his waist every night,
and spiced up with 
parties after every fight-
i danced with the moon 
because it looked like
you suited up in a tuxedo
without a bow nor a tie
because you couldn't choose
but you showed up with
 a red shirt because 
it was my favourite on you.
and the stars are the only 
personal treasures that we
share because you said 
that we are looking at the same
ones when we're far
and i'm distant from your body
but never a stranger to your soul
i know, your eyes told me so.

he took his cap and his sweater,
he ain't coming home tonight.
how could i believe that 
i could find happiness at another
place overnight 
when your laughter is my roof
and your smile makes me feel home

my heart broke
as he banged the door
911 can't save me 
hence i dialed your number,
but he came back with
a needle and thread
as you were connected.

-i hung up again.


 

No comments: