Sunday 13 May 2018

Blank Screen

you never touch me 
but
i could feel your warm palms long holding my shoulder
and your fingertips sketching a map 
on my back 
when i was in a deep sleep with a grip on the blank screen that you can’t easily fit your hands in 

i wake up lost,
running around and overthink
probably that is why you 
draw it behind instead,
so i can never read,
like you never left me on,
i can never find you.

you never know my address
but somehow a couple of days 
later you would unlock the door
and lighting the living room with your jokes that you regard as an apology
but it isn’t- 
i have forgiven you. 

that is why i jumped from
inferences and reasons when 
you are about to close with a conclusion after you have taken
your midnight shower
i can no longer afford to wake up
to an empty bed-

and a blank screen.

No comments: