Monday 7 May 2018

I Wish I Was In Love With A Poet

I wish I was in love with a poet
that holds my hand at every zebra crossing like he holds his fountain pen 
so tight even after the traffic light turns red and the vehicles stop, although there isn’t any signs he won’t dare to lift his hand because he is afraid of smudging the paper-
he wanted it beautiful and pure,
two words that he will use to describe 
me; my eyes, my smile, he thanks the sculptor for the structure, skin and bones in every closing
and 
our love; innocent, sincere, naiive, he will leave a stanza in the middle 
he knows i am insecure
Like every opening he is unsure on
how to start off but 
he makes sure he has strong punchlines to convince me 
that I am right, 
of choosing this life and
choosing him to be in this life
and I am enough to make him
feel alive
like the compliments on his words
I am the reason that he wants to.

i wish i was in love with a poet
but i was in love with men like you,
who didn’t understand a word that i write,
heck, you even refused to read them 
you were clueless when i wandered around galleries but i just wanted to see your shadow under the dim spotlight of every work of art because you,
are an abstract that I couldn’t yet define and just like any creation, only the artist knows the objective and I hope it has been achieved when we met.

i wish i was in love with a poet,
but you can be a subject of my poems

and the wish is granted either way.

No comments: