Thursday 10 May 2018

The Last Week Of 17

I never thought that this turbulence would end this fast. I've been adapting to life transition like a storm and I'm still trying to cope with it. I've also been sick for the past month, I have not been eating prosperously as everyone knows how I should be because I will end up vomiting and sacrificing both my mother and my night's sleep, hence I opted to have a porridge diet instead. It was plain and empty like how my life has always been but it was definitely better than losing my sleep and need to function for an 8am class the next morning. Hella, that is more painful.

Being 17 sure is sweet, but is also full of ups and downs like a see-saw. I am a person that is particular about birthdays, not only mine but also the people around me. I remembered that day, no one wished me at all. I was clearly sad, I mean, none of my friends wished me, and also not even my family members. I didn't go for the Physics evening class since it was optional and I wanted to revise Addmaths instead at the library. After dinner, Hannah stopped me from getting up from my chair. "Pn. Norsaidah asked me to send a message to you for not coming". I was speechless. She was one of the strictest teachers in college, and her sending a message to me was not a good sign. Suddenly, I heard the whole dining hall singing the birthday song to me. Alahai.

However, that didn't stop there though. After prep, Mimi went to my room and asked me whether I was on my period or not because she found blood stains in the shower. This may be a dirty story to some but I believe that all of you are matured and open-minded audience and if you are new here, I was in an all-girls college for my whole secondary education and this is a normal discussion. Back to the story, apparently, Mimi and I shared the same shower. I was on my period, but I was also sure that I took a 360 round in the shower and made sure to clean up before I leave. I followed her to the toilet, but then I just realized something. Wait....today is my birthday....and pranks usually be held at the toilet...I tried to run and escape but suddenly a few friends of mine came out of the blue and pushed me into the toilet. A bucket of food solution was thrown at me. Thank god they didn't put any dead insects or animals inside there. Thank god for the food solution too, at least they didn't hang my bed outside at the corridor or stain my bedsheet. Thank god for the food solution too, at least I don't have to do a quest to find all my stuff in the locker. They have been planning this a week before my birthday, probably right now at the canteen while I rushed to the toilet circa 2017. Belle and Elle faked a fight so that I could be on one side while the others were planning the birthday scheme. My friends are such geniuses.

My parents also planned a surprise birthday lunch at the canteen with my close friends. Great, first surprise birthday lunch was during Form 1, and my last was during Form 5. I also received a wish from my crush! Best feeling ever. #highschooldrama

A lot of things happened since then, it was rains and rainbows and back to rain again and then here comes the sun when I thought it will save me but then it burnt me and suddenly I feel that I need the rain again, but I believed that my blessed birthday made me strong enough to go through everything and got exactly what I wanted in life. A good result when I thought I would never make it, getting into my dream university close to home, a decent car named Polly that I can commute, well, she is no longer a car, she's my baby, and as a baby, she will have to go through scratches in order to grow up. She will learn from experiences like her mama. (just covering up for all my minor accidents). Good new coursemates and lecturers, and not to forget my good friends that have to keep up with me near or far, you know who you are. There were also people who left me throughout the year, I would like to thank you for all the memories and lessons. You can never make me hate you even when I try because to kill is only with kindness. Killing you is never my intention either, I hope only the best for you as long as you're doing something right.

Going into 18, I only hope nothing but to continue being blessed for the things that I have done, am doing and will do for the rest of the year and for the rest of my life. Maybe my new blessing will be finally... you?

Xx,
M.



No comments: