Tuesday 23 February 2016

Diary 101:Making Ends Meet

My senior,Arisha Rozaidee just released her second book,Sandpaper Heart and I was very excited to wash her with a lot of questions since Sandpaper Heart was self-published.I asked her about the cost,which place to get it published and such.She said I need a large amount of starting fund which is around 1-2K.She said at least I can earn all the copyrights for myself but if I publish it at a publishing house,I don't need to spend a single cent on it.Gosh,I'm confused.

Submitting my manuscript to a publishing house is very uncertain.I may be welcomed with open hands or rejected without any doubt,just like how my short story is rejected by Lejen Press by only saying TIDAK.Yes,with capital letters.If I publish it myself,I have to sort everything by myself and it's also uncertain whether everyone will get the word or not about my book.

For now,I am thinking on how and how and how to just make ends meet to earn 1-2K before the end of this year and....I still don't have a plan.What should I do?I really want my book to published so bad to change my life towards the better.You know how money is scarce right now.

So for those who would like to share some ideas to make this work or would like to donate some funds for my new book,do DM me on Twitter @maleenbalqish or e-mail me at merlinprettywizard@gmail.com .

Oh,don't forget to get Arisha Rozaidee's new book,Sandpaper Heart just by mentioning her on Twitter @ArishaRozaidee and do so!

Xx(but truly worried),
M.

No comments: