Friday 12 February 2016

Diary 101:Out Of The Woods

I'm taking the love-is-in-the-air-mood since it's Valentine's Day in 2 days time and I'm really excited for awesome TV shows that will be on air starting tomorrow.Some of you may be sceptical of Valentine's Day since Muslims are forbidden to celebrate and what not,but in my own perspective,Valentine's Day is a special day where you rejuvenate your love with your partners/embrace the love feeling if you're forever alone like me.Of course you have to appreciate your partner everyday without thinking when is the next Valentine,but somehow,you need a special date and occasion just to give both of you a reminder on what your relationship is about,love!Just like how you celebrate your birthday,Mother's Day,Father's Day,National Day,Teacher's Day and especially school holidays hehe.Me?Nah,I'm chilling on the couch of course! (asleep 5 minutes after).

I've been addicted to Taylor Swift's Out Of The Woods lately especially after watching the music video and her performance at the Grammy Museum.Other than this song is about her relationship with Harry Styles,her speech before her performance really touched me on how everyone including her hoping for a solid and healthy relationship but that's not always what you get,but that doesn't mean that you  take those short-term,fragile relationship not meaningful and a waste of your time.Make memories and experiences out of everything,I believe.

Experience-wise,I have only been in a serious relationship once and it lasted for a year and a couple of months,I suppose.What deterred our relationship was his possesive behaviour towards me and a few more habits that I could not accept,like shouting at me if I talked to his friends but I never cared if he talked to mine,commenting suspicious flirty comments on social media and honestly,he wasn't the type of person that you would have a discussion about World Wars and what's happening in Myanmar while walking to the cinema.In easy words,I can't talk about everything with him.He may be my lover(which is not even successful enough to be one) but he can't be my friend.I have taught of breaking up since a few months before I said so due to social pressure on how our friends would look up to us for having a solid relationship for a long period but the person who was in the relationship was me and I was not happy.I had to grow out of it.

I have to admit that I grew out of the relationship out of hate and the psychotic things that girls would do to really erase him out my life like cutting our polaroids to small pieces and threw the watch that he gave me to the drain but it couldn't function anyway so I was less guilty doing so.Haha.But after listening to Taylor Swift made me realize that I shouldn't look at the bad side of the relationship and cherish the good ones,on how his unacceptable behaviour made me a strong person like what I had become today and being extra careful of accepting people into my life since I met him from Facebook,so,hm you know what I mean.Strangers,danger,sort of thing.

I'm not the type of person who believes in puppy love and mingle around until my teacher asked me, "Are you lesbian or something?" and started to push me to go speed dating again because he still thinks that I'm lame for not doing so but hey,love is not something you gamble.It's very valuable like pearls,due to effort to get it out from mama oyster and also currency if you buy it from other countries,kidding.But hey,pearls in China are quite cheap!

Back to the topic,for those who have experience heartbreaks too,believe me,if things are not getting better,it won't get worse.Forgive and forget,start life all over again.Most importantly,think twice before jumping into one and getting out of one relationship.Seek help and support from your friends and family but if they can't understand you,just remember that I am always here and will be all ears for you.Any of you.Well,you know how to reach me.

Lastly,we may love and fall,but don't forget to stand back up.You're one strong lady/gentleman so prove to the world that one negative vibe is not taking all of you away.

Xx,
M.

No comments: