Saturday 22 October 2016

Mess

i am a tangled mess
that curls up
when comfort tries to rebond
with a streak of iron

-even when i'm sleeping
my dreams are all about
falling from a height of
monologues that are
meant to be said out loud
and waking up with
a complete anatomy
but acknowledges the fractured
bones caging promises
that once i held onto
but got broken alas,
like my heart.

i am always alarmed
on warnings and aware of
manipulative tongue twisters
but i stand back
listen
play along
got laughed at for being an honest
believer.
Honey,'pious' is not a familiar adjective.

what is the point of
guarding an empty deposit box
i am worn out of this old butterfly cycle
it won't be a sweet victory birthday bash.
free was demolished from the vocabulary of
words
and people are not fortune tellers to
know what you will become.
their vision is limited to the present
and
'I love you' can't be heard if
the sceptical beauty is not what they see.

I've had enough of living with my eyes closed
but with a conscious mind.
I don't want to wake up.
It hurts to be sober but don't reach for the pills.
Been there done that,it won't even snap your nerves
to forget why are you up crafting words with a dim moon
to show you the alphabets.

Turn off the lights,please.
Good night,
as there is no sunrise
that can kiss hopes on my
cheeks from the window.

No comments: