Friday 10 March 2017

Dream


I dreamt of your death for
the third time.
I was shivering after I woke up
because I could feel the warm
marks of your fingers
on my right arm when
you gave me a tap
and I can't focus at
any theory in my thick books
even after distracting myself
with rave music and a short nap.
It eased a bit after that, but
school felt like forever
it started to crawl and knock
down my brain.
"You cannot leave this"

You don't know that I cringed
and tears were about to fall
from my cheeks when the public
phone couldn't accept more than 10
digits and your number had 11,
and waiting for 4pm is like
departing my soul to a
tragedy island.

I thanked God when
you said you were just tired
and when I talked about it,
you just randomly crack jokes.
I was angry because you didn't
understand how crucial this is
for me,
but Wa said maybe you
just wanted to calm me down
and assure me that everything is alright.
You wanted me to not worry.
I don't know but I never have
the wildest thought of losing you
as I never thought of breaking
my spine

-and I pray hard that I don't have to.

No comments: