Saturday 27 May 2017

Deeper Conversation

"Is your favourite colour blue
Do you always tell the truth
Do you believe in outer space
And now I'm learning you"

I took a leap of faith to text you that day because I do talk to you but we always let the dialogues hanging, so I pushed the grey flag emoji.
' I want to know you better'

"What do you want to know?", you asked.

It was a tricky question because I wanted to know everything about you, but I was afraid that I will make you uncomfortable. I was afraid that my big mouth will make you shut yourself out from me. I was afraid that I will be too chatty that will make you feel annoyed. Finally, I settled down with this :

"What is your music preference?"

Lame, I know. Thank God I didn't ask for your full name instead.

You told me you have universal eargasm that you hear to everything according to your mood.  We found out our first difference when I said that I hear to club music when I break down but you choose to hear ballads to calm you, but ballads will only add misery to my sorrows
- and that was not the only one that we found out about ourselves.
Your spirit animal is a tiger because you are amazed with fast animals, while mine is a lazy koala that sleeps for 23 hours. We shared our personal wisdoms in life, the issues in our country, our dilemmas and shits that keep holding us back. It was sad to see such a gem like you give up with the world so I tried to shine some light, but I was afraid if it was too bright. But you told me you like to hear uplifting words from people so I kept going on.
Apparently, we heard the exact same concept of giving from two different people and it amazed us on how God works in miraculous ways. You asked to me spill how I ended up here talking to you, so I had to burst all the cheeky moments, and actually, I lied. Your voice was not the only information that I had about you. You turned your back. So that marks the start of my quest to find you. The rest was purely true.

We only took a couple of hours to escalate from acquaitances to friends, I am glad that I found someone that can accept and exchange my wildest opinions. You always have something to say about everything, and it fascinates me. I definitely settle with agreements but I love different ideas. I also slept well for the opportunity to be closer to you, even binded by technology, but whatever that is happening in your life, my heart conveys to you.

"Thank you for lending me your ears", you said, as I became sleepy and started to tuck into bed.

"I never mind for more rounds of sessions like this"
- I want to learn more about, and from you.

No comments: