Saturday 20 May 2017

Lessons Before My 17th Birthday

Approximately 20 minutes before my 17th birthday, I am lying on my two single beds that I pushed them together to become queen sized, lazily let Pepe the penguin that Ell gave me to support my head while writing this. This year, I have been sending threads to my favourite people of the things that I am grateful for having them in my life, and I do want to do the same for myself as well but I can't find any in this oversized figure yet. Thus, I think I'll just list out what I have learnt prior to the day that I'll turn 17.

1. Don't expect that you'll get back what you give, but then, God has promised that He will reward you for your patience and good deeds, for He, is the richest of them all. Therefore, you will still get back the price for everything that you give, but in different miraculous ways that none of us can expect. And He, knows best.
2. Personally, I think the reason why I don't have a lover/not interested in puppy loves with no guarantee/haven't find the right one is because God wants me to spend more time with my loved ones. I do everything with them more than anyone else in the world, but sometimes I took the moments for granted. I'll always let time swing by like another passerby when I'm with them, and I hope that I still have more chances to repay all the time that I have wasted.
3. I always forget that as I am eager to grow up to finally soar my wings and live my own life, my loved ones are getting older too. It is heartbreaking to see hints of wrinkles on Ma, Ba, and Cikgu's skin whenever I see them. They won't tell me directly to my face on what they feel, but I just know they're all afraid of me leaving them. Some days, I miss them a little too much as well and yes, I don't say it out loud either. I pray to God everyday so that I will be given the golden opportunity to repay their kindness for raising me up with their strength and knowledge and be able to make them smile. J
4. You don't need a lot of friends to be happy. I am serious. To be frank, I do purposely keep my circle of friends small because I would handpick the people that will stay by my side as I would do for them. It is toxic to have backstabbing friendships, been there done that. For years living and knowing them, I can confidently say that my friends are all keepers.
5. Do what you want to do whole-heartedly. Boost your potential and give 100% to it. Build your base, build your name, earn your fame. There's no flights to the top so hike the mountain. Journalism is my game, and there's no way I'll back out from it. Ever.
6. Success requires commitments, success requires failures.
7. When you feel down, play some music. When you feel happy, play some music. When you feel angry, play some music. Immense in those feelings that blends with the lyrics and all of the pain will go away.
8. Always be grateful for the things and the people around you. Appreciate their presence. Show that you care.
9. God is the best listener as He is nearer to you than your own nerves, thus pray to him. He knows everything but tell him all. Ask for His guidance, for He can give you the light to show your way back home.
10. Some people may not talk to you anymore for no solid reason as longts as you can remember. Just think that it is just life taking its course. I learnt this from a Tumblr post for someone and I am glad I read it.the
11. Don't rush into things, take your own pace to get there.
12. The only important root to live a happy life is love. Cherish, accept and spread love. Your worries will be clouded.
13. The thing about love at this age is that, it is full of uncertainties and reasons. I, myself too still cannot differenciate between admiration and love. One minute you like a person, one minute you feel you're a piece of garbage because they, and all boys in the world don't notice your existence, one minute you'll sink in those depressions and one minute, you're floating back up, living your life and don't even remember why you fell for that person in the first place. It is foolish, I know. I have never been much of a dating person but I think at this age, it is time for me to back out and don't love someone unless it is solely love.
14. Don't let little things ruin your long-built relationship with someone. Yes, I am very upset if my loved ones don't remember my birthday or don't come to my events or just be there for me, but there is always a spot in my heart when I look at them, I'll feel like pulling their arm, "Aw, come here" and hug them tight. The fight is useless. The fight is meaningless. At the end, all that you got is each other after all.


No comments: