Tuesday 24 July 2018

Hustle

I have always panicked about my life about everything; why on earth don't I have a boyfriend yet when everybody else in my circle has one, why am I not working yet when everybody else's making money while studying, why haven't I publish my first book yet, why this, why that. I have always thought that at 18 years old, I am actually quite slow. I used to think that I'm still young and I still have a long way to go, but there are a lot of people who achieved more than I did at my age. At first, it became a motivation, after that it became a pressure. I mean, I have only six years left before I get married. Ok, hang on there, six years is a long way to go, but, I wake up and now it's August. Six years maybe like six sleeps away, and I haven't found my groom, nor the money for a grand wedding. Dramatic and lunatic, I know, but, oh my god. *sleeps anyway for the sake of killing the thoughts* *wakes up the next day and it's already next year* *hello*

The other day, I was in the car with my mother and my aunt, and I overheard their conversation. My aunt couldn't progress in her work position because she is not a degree holder, hence she has to stay in the same position until the end. Fair enough, her current position is money making too, but conceding to the fact that she can climb higher makes me wonder. She got married at 35, and she finished her diploma maybe when she was 20-22 years old. At the gap of nearly 15 years, I think that she could have done so much for herself, especially in terms of education. Of course, she hustled at work until she could own her own properties and assets, but that wasn't enough for your self-development. Being rich is a bonus, but being educated is a priority, as being educated can make you rich.

From that day, I was like, you know what, scrap all this petty stuff. I will hustle for myself. I will study hard and earn a doctorate, improve myself, and do everything that is good for my own self-development. I will still wait for my Prince Charming, but, while he is looking for me, or maybe we have found each other, but as he is arranging his strategies to take me for good, I guess I'll have to learn how to use my own weapons while he's not around to save me. 

Xx,
M.

No comments: