Sunday 8 November 2015

Diary 101:The Type

I've been watching a lot of Spoken Word Poetry since yesterday because Bart Baker and Twaimz don't entertain me anymore and I think it's time for me to get out of my comfort zone and show up at Merdekarya or any poetry reading sessions with an introduction saying, "Hi,I'm Maleen and I am sensitive so don't try to hurt me or all my poems for this month will be about you".Taylor Swift much?I can be waaaaay lot more worse than her.

I stumbled into a poem from Sarah Kay which is The Type.Sarah Kay has been my favorite since When Love Arrives that she performed with Phil Kaye since forever.I can list down my favorite pieces later for you to check it out and get the feels.Really feel.

Back to The Type,she said she was inspired from a line of poem.I can't recall what the poet's name was but the line was like,"Everyone needs a place.It shouldn't be inside of someone else".It rang the bells in my head and refreshed memories.When I was young,I used to have issues with friends and was very afraid to not walk around with people and made enemies as well due to my circle of friends back then.As I grow older,the society now is more open-minded and accepted the concept that being alone is definitely okay and it is not because that you are weird or something.Don't wait for someone to rush and grab the First Aid Kit,instead bandage the wounds with your own bare hands and stand up again and again.It is never about fall seven times and stand up eight,but fall once and stand immediately.Don't ever let someone else to become your saviour because the wait hurts you even more.Be independant.You are the captain of your own mind,body and soul.Make desicions that won't betray you and leave everything that doesn't carve a smile.

To really understand what I mean,do watch The Type by Sarah Kay by clicking this link https://youtu.be/f-8jtBOorpE .Also,here's my favourite poems list!

1.When Love Arrives -Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye
2.Montauk -Sarah Kay
3.Sabrina Bramein-Explaining Depression to my Mum
4.Repetition -Phil Kaye
5.If I should have a daughter -Sarah Kay
6.Private Parts -Sarah Kay
7.Postcards -Sarah Kay
8.OCD -Neil Hilborn

That's all for now!If you loved them,do subscribe to Button Poetry on Youtube as they update poetry daily from your favourite poets!

Xx,
M.


No comments: