Sunday 31 December 2017

A Farewell Letter

1,

I will keep this short and sweet since you are used to receiving long paragraphs from me, and probably you're expecting this letter from someone else. Don't close the tab yet, I have a few words to convey.

I will always remember you. After a successful meeting, during brainstorming sessions, scrolling funny Tweets on Twitter that you might have seen first, anything that is significant to you, I remember. Sometimes I wanted to hit you up and tell you what I have discovered on that day, but I am unsure if you will be interested like before. Sometimes I will wonder how you've been when I don't see you on my wall, but I always pray that Allah will keep an eye on you and ease your difficulties. Ever since you told me that you kept me in your prayers, I will never forget to mention your name in mine, believing that He will protect you from any kinds of harm. And I will never stop from doing so.

Thank you for teaching me a lot of things in order for me to be close to Allah. You taught me to perform Dhuha prayers and read the Quran during the intervals during exams, and to be honest, I felt enlightened to answer the questions that I was not confident of. You also taught me the fire method to answer angle questions in Maths, and I never got any of them wrong ever since. Not to forget the bone formula as well.  I learned to appreciate Mama just as much as how you look up to Ayah and Ibu. I learned a lot from our mistakes, and the question marks in between that I used to think that you have the answer, but now I am not sure, and it does not matter anymore. The cracks will still be visible although we try to cover it up anyway, although I am not sure of the cause, and there is no one to blame. Nonetheless, I hope that Allah will grant you His blessings for teaching me those.

Thank you for caring and the time you spent with me. Thank you for the late night phone calls, I miss your laugh now and then. Thank you for looking after me when I was about to do crazy things. Thank you for listening to my rambles and kept up with my antics although you don't deserve any of those. I will remember you, your spirit animal, the correct spelling of your name, your favourite movie genre, everything that you told me from our first deeper conversation. You will remain my favourite person.

I hope that you can bid farewell to 2017 in peace, and a new chapter beholds you.

Xx,
M.

No comments: