Thursday 22 October 2015

Don't Tell Her

Don't tell her
You  like to sit outside the cafe'
Opposite the window with an umbrella above your head
Force her to sit beside you although she likes
to read the lines of your forehead when you try to light 
up the sparks of the conversation directly
without shooting  your bold shoulders first
So you can save a spot if I ever walk-in for
a cup of latte,
it won't be awkward to say hi after a long time,
Not to forget about the air breeze that messes up my hair
so you can twirl your fingers and slide the sides to the back 
of my ears.

Don't tell her
Both of you slept in the sub instead of the master bedroom
Because you don't want to mistaken her eyes with mine
As she wakes up from her deep slumber
Recall the fights that haunted you from the day my feet strengthen 
to shrug your convincing whispers off and leave
Avoid from mentioning my name after you say 'goodnight' while
excitedly waiting for dreams of me falling into your arms
You do know that's definitely impossible,do you?

Don't tell her
You never collected any of Westlife albums during 
your college years
In fact,you despised them
You secretly keep one before returning it to me because
I loved to sing Seasons In The Sun in the car and not hearing them 
will hit you hard that no one will accompany you to work and
tell you stories about family and pet cats as she has her own 
Range Rover whilst I waited for the next bus.

Don't tell her
You bought cherry pie instead of apple crumbles for supper
because it resembles my rosy cheeks
Preferred ice lemon tea than soda during movie night outs
because a sip of carbonate makes me sick 

Shush.









No comments: