Saturday 24 October 2015

Home

It's irony when I think about it
I only have 3 friends in the neighbourhood-truthfully
there's more but I never considered bypassers
as acquaitances

The teacher that I most fond of thought that
I am an attention seeker when I trust him with
the key to my darkest secrets

The people there are very sceptical-they
still badmouth me even after years I made my house
only as my hideout

I should leave,and I left.

But because of petty things like-
A cup of YuYu ice cream and
a pack of the best BBQ chicken wings in the world
at the night market after school on Wednesdays
Acute potato curry puffs only made by the hands of
my schoolmate's mother by the street for quiet
teas,I am absolutely attached to food
Lessons of life during cycling around that moulded me
to actually exist and continue living-

Sigh.

That's why maybe after months my house was sold I
still mistakenly write my address on forms and
envelopes

In the chaotic conflicts,

-I found home.

No comments: