Saturday 22 September 2018

A Night In Johor Bahru

I opened the curtain as wide as I could. The skyscrapers in Johor are like mushrooms- one tower after another, but it has never managed to block the view of the port from my room at the 23rd floor. Oh, no wonder I can see the whole city from here. Getting into the lift to go up seems like a trip to the observer deck at KL Tower, my ears will whistle. It doesn't hurt but I feel so uncomfortable I keep swallowing my saliva continously during the trip to and fro from the lobby to my room. I learnt that trick from a staff at the KL Tower during a primary school trip. Thank you sir, your help is appreciated.

At 11:42pm, I barely see any cars at the port car park. The streets are not busy, but you can still see lines of cars driving in and out of the city. At this age, every place is a Kuala Lumpur. The Earth never sleeps anymore. There will always be people chasing and at least waiting around things, or other people at any hour. However, it has its own welcoming sense that wraps me around its thin air and then sweeps me into the wind. I have always been biased towards cities that are near to the sea, that may be one of its calling, but one thing that I can tell you, the greetings between each city is different. Kuala Terengganu will greet you like a warm elderly; offering you to make yourself at home and stuff you with your favourite food. Well, literally. Hong Kong treats you like a sister that visits her elder sister that lives in the city; one that gives you freedom as she leaves for work. Johor Bahru is absolutely different. It is like a timeless lover that always makes you feel comfortable and scoops off all your burdens at once and helps you to breathe again. You feel calm in his arms and he will make your bed to make sure that you have a goodnight sleep. Eventhough he has lit up the aromatherapy candles, you can't afford to spare a second of closing your eyes from mesmerizing his beauty, his efforts, all about him. Just like how I always leave the curtains open all day and night when my mom's not around since she prefers her privacy, but I prefer his sparkling eyes; the city lights and his simultaneous breathe, like the motions of the sea.

I fall in love so easily. I fall in love with things, places, people. It is not hard to please me, it is just that if you can't, you won't at all. I wonder why, but I think that it is just in my nature, how I was built to have a more emotional-deprived way of thinking. Being emotional deprived is good, it helps me a lot in bringing most of my words and characters to life, but in terms of making life-and-death decisions, dude, I'm a slow sloth and will tend to be more dramatic. That explains why I always make bad decisions in life, but maybe I am lucky that God will always find a way to make it just as right.

I have always thought of settling down in a city near the sea, nevertheless if it's the beach or the port, I can consider Johor Bahru into the list now. It is completely equipped with all the stores that you have in Kuala Lumpur, there is no reason for me to go back to the city anymore. There is a 4Fingers store in Komtar JBCC, like, I don't have any reason to not stay here. Singapore is near too, might be nearer if the currency is lower. Sike.

This is my last night for this Johor Bahru trip, I hope that I can meet with this South-born lover of mine soon!

Xx,
M.


No comments: