Wednesday 12 August 2015

To My First Crush

How should I start?
'Dear' would be unpleasant
'To' would be too formal
Putting love after your name would make this paper burn because my boyfriend would notice it and throw it into ashes
Let me take a deep breathe.

Hi.
I haven't seen you walking at the night market
Sushi searching at AEON
Eating the main dish;whatever they serve at the canteen
Your smirk when I arrive late for prep class
Your gaze,especially with that blue school uniform
Maybe it's because that we don't live in the same area
Enrolled at different schools
Part after elementary graduation,I didn't attend the last day,I was too lazy to get off bed,but I showed up during the annual ceremony
I missed every significant event, skipped every meaningful occasion, but I would never forget
You.

I am still everything that you define me
Meticulous,weird,jolly,mischievious,frightening because I threw your eraser from the top floor during 5th grade
I never wanted to do that
How could I throw away my affection and erase your distractions
When I wanted to do was to draw my smile on your mind

We don't play with each other
You are from Mars and I am from Venus
My friends would force you to be my knight in shining armor when I played the damsil in distress
They would pull you away from me as I tried reaching for your hand
"No!She's my fiancée!" you screamt with your trembled lips
Then our worlds collide.
I am still your fiancée,if you ask
We just won't walk on the same aisle 

Years of our elementary school were spent mostly together
We were in the same circle of friends
Same class since the first hello until the last goodbye
Boys teased me to be their future bride
I can't still get rid of your well-combed hair
Your red face when you blush,or sunburnt
I still wait for you every single day after school,to walk together
'As mutual friends',to share rants with each other
Somehow I wonder
Why don't you notice that I never had any other?

When we part,I still ask news about you
They said you became more quiet
Isolated,maintaining the distance
On a second thought,maybe if I was there with you
You could talk more and we could take it serious

I am a fool.
I could never be the apple of your eye
The shore to your sea
The branch to your maple tree
Even if I list thousands of analogies here,
I won't still be the one.

We haven't met for 3 years now
After 30 years,if you ever appear,crying at daughter's wedding
I will stop stuffing my cheeks with fondue
Pull my hand from my guest's hands
I will comfort you at the corner of the hall,let you lend my shoulder
You are always welcome
Love is not a mistake,so do you
You'll always have a place in my heart
I hope I do too.









No comments: