Sunday 31 December 2017

A Farewell Letter

E,

Admit it, you are actually a dull person. I am the only one who laughs at your jokes 80% of the time. However, it will be a dull day for me if you are giving me a silent treatment or you are simply sad. You lift my mood up.

I mention you a lot on my blog like I only have one friend. True, you talk a lot until you can't remember what you say but I appreciate our conversations and the significant lines that you blurt out. I keep all your advice and your 'how to's' in my mind, it only depends on whether I want to apply it or not (which I always don't). You don't know how to comfort people, but ironically, whenever I'm sad, you're always there. You don't like hugs or any body contact but you will always stick your arms out and wrap it around me. You won't ask me to stop crying, you won't say anything, but your presence made it bearable. Your pep talk follows after that.

I always have the guilt whenever I say 'no' to you. 'No' to hangouts, 'no' to dates, 'no' to eating your food when I'm full, 'no' to accompany you anywhere. I feel that I was being unfair towards you when I can spare some time with my other friends but not you. There's always something that will come in between whenever you ask me to. I will try to remind myself to spend more time with you out of Telegram. You're a princess, you will always be a priority.

E,

I am sorry for not listening to your warnings or the things that you said. I know that you tried your very best to keep my naiive sight out of the cruel world but there is nothing else that you can do to save me when I am the one who jumps. I know that as a friend, you wanted nothing but the best for me just like how I wanted the same for you. I will now listen and be more cautious since you are no longer with me all the time for me. Please do not worry.

Thank you for the times that we had together. Thank you for knowing me the best, thank you for the nights staying up just for our pillow talk moments. Thank you for listening to all my stories, thank you for remembering me, thank you for being the goofy, elegant you. Thank you for staying with me. I have nothing to repay you.

We are going to say farewell to our chapter in 2017, to start a new one.

Keep on flipping, E. You'll find us in between the pages, promise.



Xx,
M.       

No comments: