Sunday 31 December 2017

A Farewell Letter

Belle,

First of all, this is not a throwback post. I don't think your amazing personality needs a specific explanation.

My life has changed ever since you moved in. I feel taken care of. You will always make sure that I change my towels, clean my bag, eat well (although I don't need anyone to tell me to eat when I always rush to the dining hall first and we are always at the same table during meals), pamper me by having our weekend facial treatments and getting rid of so many things (hair is one of them). You are the first one that I will seek advice and the one that will listen to all my cheesy stories first. You are the one that I will go to when I have an unpleasant news that I am not sure whether Elle will accept it wholeheartedly or not, and figuring out how to explain to her next. You are the first to notice that I am not okay just by looking at my expression, or maybe, I am predictable. Nonetheless, you are still the woman of sass that I look up to, and how I want that sass of yours whenever I feel like slaughtering the people that I don't like.

All of us have our own stories, our own personal struggles, and for everything that you had, are, and will be going through, I hope that Allah will ease your journey. You have done enough, you have tried enough, and even more than what you are expected to do, you have worked it over your limits, I know you will give it all and more to make things work. However, believe in this, Allah will grant His servants what they need, not what they want. Sometimes the things that we want could be good to us but it may be bad at certain angles to the extent that it is better for us to not have it at all, that is Allah's secret, He is The Most Knowledgeable. Wherever the light will come from, you will be content and happy, In Sha Allah.

Thank you for being a part of my life and radiate it with happiness and courage for me to do more and more every day for myself and a source of strength for me to recover from my wounds and strive for the best. I wish that I could have done more for you but please remember that I'm always a phone call away.

Now, let's say farewell to our chapter in 2017 and say hello to a fresh start in 2018. Thank you for staying until now, and I hope you're still here with me until the end.


Xx,
M.

No comments: