Sunday 31 December 2017

A Farewell Letter

Chens,

Thank you for replying my WhatsApp A.S.A.P. Geddit? Scrap that.

Two years without your presence at school does hit me hard at times. Sometimes I see your cheeky face running around the corridor with me, or hanging out with me in class, or knocking the door to check up on me at my dorm, or I will go to you first. Sometimes, I remember you when I wanted to do things like pranks or hanging out outside at the bench. I wanted to invite you to come and join us but then, I was like, "Chena was out of here since a year ago". It sucks to not have you around. I am grateful that we still can maintain this friendship. I think this is the definition of true love. Not bounded by distance and time.

You are 18 already, I guess I have to stop thinking of you as the little Chens. You even have a boyfriend, let's just hope that this one's a keeper because if not, I will come and make a riot at his college with a baseball net and whoop him out of class so that he can't have both of the privileges that he once had; education and you. I don't want another person to break your heart anymore. You deserve so much happiness in the world as you are kind and nice to everyone. No one can take you down for your looks or what you do or whatever that they can do to you. Your level is above them, remember that.

Thank you for being a makcik with me despite the standards that you have to keep up. Thank you for playing along and running around with me and make full use of technology to be with me in my hard times. I am sorry whenever I'm unreachable when you need me the most. But now I'm here, and will always be.

Let's bid farewell to our chapter in 2017, and start fresh for 2018, and beyond.


Xx,
M.

No comments: