Sunday 31 December 2017

A Farewell Letter

Lyssa,

How can I thank you?

You stood through everything. From H to F to other blind boys that we stumble upon along the way, the hardship of studying, you're always there for me. Even when we're in different classes and you live in the prefects' room, we'll eventually find time for each other after dinner or sit with each other during events, or study together at the library during French to find our moment.

You have always motivated me to push my limits and be the best in everything that I do. You have always supported me through thick and thin in all aspects and will be down for me. You will always check up on me to make sure that I'm fine with any mediums possible to show that you care. Thank you for complimenting me and saying that I'm beautiful when we know you and that bomb personality of yours can swoon anyone off their feet.

Lyssa,

You are one of my inspirations to change spiritually towards the better. Seeing you in the process of getting closer to Allah makes me feel ashamed, makes me feel guilty for not being a good Muslim. You always bring the Quran with you and read them when you have the time, and sometimes share it with me. I strongly think that is the reason why Allah enlighten you in so many ways and you also tell me to always read and pray whenever I am lost. Alhamdulillah, of course, there will always be a new challenge, a new heartbreak, a new wound, a new falling action but I have now known my God, hence to Him I will turn to. It is all thanks to you too. You have opened my eyes to see that at the end of the day, everything returns to Him.

Thank you for being such a good friend, a sister. Thank you for staying put with me since the first day of school until the last day of school and beyond, and I hope that our bond will last for eternity.

Let's bid farewell to our chapter in 2017, for a new fresh start in a new year and beyond. I am excited to lead this new adventure and I want you to be in it, forever.


Xx,
M.


No comments: